Well, as promised I wanted to share with you my thoughts on the round table discussion I attended over the weekend... and since you should only expect 'straight talk' from me, I wont disappoint you. We talked about the difference between Style and Fashion.. The future direction of Fashion... We talked about 'celebrity' influence one Fashion among other topics.
As I bang these few lines, I will repeat one thing I said at the round table..... "Any one with style could care less about a fashion."
Style is about doing your own thing ... Now if you want to be a Gentleman and have Style or a Lady and have Style, there are rules. Rule #1 Gentlemen and Ladies make it a point not to offend others, and are always considerate of those with whom they come in contact. They understand and look to improve the overall quality of life.
After the round table discussion I came to the conclussion that there are 3 groups.
1. Those who follow fashion
2. Those who have or try to create their own style.
3. Those who focus on being gentlemen and ladies of style.
This site is for that later group. When I say Live with Swagger, I mean create your "own" style, but go further and in doing so always remember that Swagger begins where style ends.
With that said I decided to give you a short list of what a gentleman or lady of style wont do. (and as always, feel free to comment)
1. Ringtones..... a no no. put your phone on vibrate, no one wants to hear your music when your phone rings.
2. Play your music so loud on your mp3 player that you might as well ask the person next to you if they want to dance.
3. Don't cough in your hand while on the train then touch the poll, cough in your sleeve... gems travel we're all old enough to know this.
4. Don't ride the train with your back pack on ... Actually if you're over 23 you shouldn't have a backpack unless you go camping.
5. Boys - Don't let your boxers show, no one cares to see your boxers and Girls, if you have to cover your g-string as you walk up the stairs, maybe you shouldn't wear them with those low rise jeans.
Swagger is being that Gentleman of Style, Swagger is being that Lady of Style. Swagger is having Style, but also having that something else.... hey, I kind of like that line "Swagger begins where Style ends."